Last week Validea Partner Justin Carbonneau was interviewed by Tobias Carlisle on the Acquirer’s Multiple Podcast. Toby and Justin discuss Validea and our approach to investing, as well as a bunch of other investing related topics. Below is an outline of the discussion and a link to the video.
- How Validea capture’s quantitative models and what we do with them;
- How we actually implement these strategies in the real world;
- The underperformance of value stocks, the outperformance of growth, and the possible reversion;
- Dollar cost “down” averaging and beating Mohnish Pabrai;
- Buffett’s incredible long-term returns;
- Tax management strategies and quantitative investing;
- Trying to avoid value traps;
- The importance of investing discipline and conviction;
- Factor timing;
- And lots more
If you have questions about the podcast, you can reach Justin at email@example.com.