John Rekenthaler is Vice President of Research for Morningstar, the author of the Rekenthaler Report column, and a leading expert on the mutual fund industry. John has been with Morningstar almost since the beginning and has witnessed the evolution of the mutual fund and investing industries first hand. In this interview, we draw on John’s extensive experience to cover a variety of topics related to the fund industry and investing in general.
- The key attributes to look at when analyzing funds;
- The pros and cons of passive investing;
- Whether star fund managers are a thing of the past;
- Judging fund managers by the company they keep;
- The dangers of using macro data to time the market;
- His biggest lessons from Morningstar founder Joe Mansueto.
We hope you enjoy the discussion.
- The Rekenthaler Report on Morningstar
- Judging Fund Managers by the Company They Keep
- Jack Bogle on All-In Fund Costs
- A Conversation about Buffett, Berkshire & High-Quality Shareholders w/ Professor Lawrence Cunningham
- Lessons From Morningstar’s Founder, Joe Mansueto, Invest Like The Best Podcast (“the sun is but a morningstar”)